May 11, 2011

Modest Fashion Week ~ Day 3




Hello, dearest readers! Here's my outfit for to-day:
I apologize for the horrid picture. It's late, and I am not looking my best. ;) I'm still getting accustomed to smiling with my braces and right now, it looks like an awkward :P. {< yup, that's what it looks like}

My Outfit:
Blouse ~ Hand-Me-Down {gotta loves those!}
Skirt ~ Thrift store
Ballet Flats {that I wore yesterday *gasp* I know...} Payless
{You know, I need NEW shoes! I only have like one pair that I wear all the time!}
Hair ribbon ~ Michelles :) 
Hairstyle...

Fishtail braid/ basic roll {trying to get that effect anyhow. ;)} 
The braid looks more like a normal braid, but I haven't yet perfected the art of fistail braiding. *wink* To-morrow I shall do a French braid...or a basic roll, hmmm...

If you would like to know how to braid a fishtail braid, here is a tutorial I found...


'Tis like normal braiding, only you use two strands instead of three, and thinner strands than three thick strands.
 If you don't know what I am saying, then watch the video tutorial and erase the text above from your brain. Go ahead! It's easier than it sounds...yup! Now, what was I talking about...:P

Can you tell I'm in a giddy mood? =D Ah, well. I'm off to study for my tests. *sigh*

Love,
Grace






6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh!! Your hair is sooo adorable! Love it! Also, I am very envious of your skirt!! Since I am skirts only, I always love seeing cute (easy to walk in) jean skirts! =)
    ~Hannah
    galloping4god@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the braid! :) And don't worry, I only have two pairs of shoes -- tennis shoes and really dirty flip flops -- which is why I didn't wear them in the photoshoot. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skirt! What thrift store did you get it from? I have found myself wearing more skirts than jeans and pants! Although, it's hard to find skirts that fit you and are modest, yet at a reasonable price. I just think skirts are so comfortable, whereas jeans are kinda pinchy. Of course, I wear pants on Wednesday because that is youth group night, and if we do games, I don't wanna show off anything, if you know what I'm saying;) I was reading on KBR website, and saw an ad on femininity. It had a lot to say, some things I didn't even think of. Like God made men for manly jobs, and girls to be feminine and girly! And skirts are so more feminine then pants!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello sweet Grace! I wrote this earlier, but because of your blogger, they erased it. Thought I'd remind you how I *love* your outfits and all your sweet, Christian posts!
    ~Hannah
    galloping4god@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grace!

    What a lovely outfit! Do not mind wearing the same shoes, I do that all the time! Also where can I submit the next day link? This collection is closed. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete