May 1, 2011

Garden Party Tag



Hello there! I thought how fun it would be to become more acquainted with each of my guests through a Garden Party Tag I have compiled. All you have to do is copy the questions and post your answers on your blog along with one of my May Garden Party buttons, and link up your post at the bottom of the page.  

1. Hello, my dear guest! My dear wish and hope is that you enjoy yourself here at my May Garden Party. 
Let us start by your telling us a bit about yourself and giving us a little insight into your daily life, family, 
et cetera. 

2. Write a little description about your personality. 

3. How long have you been blogging? Might I ask what some of your favorite blogs are? 

 4. What grade in your studies are you currently in? What subject are you particularly interested in? 

5. Might you tell us a few of your favorite pastimes and/or interests? 

6. Are you fond of crafting? If so, what are your current projects that have been keeping you occupied? 

7. What type of music are you particularly fond of? 

8. Could you please share a few of your favorite songs you like to listen to or artists? Do you play an instrument yourself? 

9. Are you old-fashion or modern? 

10. What are some of your favorite reading material? 

11. Name a few of your favorite books and authors. 

12. What are a few of your favorite movies or TV shows?

13. Are you partial to traveling abroad? If so, where do you dream of visiting? What would you do at your dream destination? 

14. What are your sentiments on lavender? 

15. Are you partial to letter-writing or do you prefer e-mailing?

16. Do you have a favorite Etsy shop? 

17. What are your goals/resolutions for this summer? 

18. What is your favourite Bible passage? 

19. What is perhaps one of your fondest memories from your past? 

20. Do you have any recommendations concerning Grace's Garden Walk? {more giveaways, product reviews, specific posts et cetera}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






Simple enough, I would say. :) Now here are my answers:

1.  Let us start by your telling us a bit about yourself and giving us a little insight into your daily life, family, 
et cetera. 

Other than what my profile says here is a bit about me:

 I am fourteen years of age, turning fifteen this coming fall, and the only child living at home with my two wonderful parents. My sister {who lives with my dear, little about six-year-old niece} is quite a many years my senior and has never lived with our family. She and I had our first outing alone about a month ago, and 'twas a delightful time!:) 

My parents and I live in a beautiful sleepy, little town nestled in the hills and vineyards of sunny California in the middle of San Fransico and L. A.  How blessed I feel to live here! We live 45 minutes from Avila Beach, my favorite seaside beach to visit in the summer. Seasons usually come here early {with the exception of winter}. Our winters are "mild" depending on the year, and we unfortunately, do not receive snow. We live about five to six hours {depending on traffic} away from Los Angeles and about the same distance from Yosemite National Park. California is amazing except for the taxes and government :P.  

Anyway, a usual day consist of rising in the morn around 7:45 A.M., devotions {I am really been striving to do my devotions:)} until around 8:00, checking my blog until around 8:10, and making a quick breakfast. A Beka curriculum is a pretty rigid study; therefore, I must be on a strict schedule for the day. 
While eating breakfast, I turn on my Hebrew History Class with Mr. Smith on my A Beka DVD which lasts until around 9:45. Next is Algebra, English {Grammar, Literature, Spelling/Vocabulary/Poetry}, Science, and Geography. Studies usually last until 12:00 Noon but with homework another few hours may be added. 
The rest of the day is filled with blogging, crafting, lettering friends, et cetera, and Tuesdays I attend my private music lessons. 
 
2. Write a little description about your personality.

I am a bit exuberant and bubbly, a character trait that can make me a little overenthusiastic and loud. I am VERY outgoing, warm, and friendly. Laughing I am very fond of to the point of loving it and I absolutely love to make others laugh. During the Tom Sawyer play I was in this past month, we cast members shared some pretty good laughs. :) 
I am crafty and love to find ideas on the computer and make them reality. The satisfaction of creating something handmade is amazing and indescribable. 

3.What grade in your studies are you currently in? What subject are you particularly interested in?  

I am currently a freshman in high school going on to be a sophomore in a month's time! Yikes!:) My favorite subject in 9th grade was Algebra {shockingly :)} and English. 

 4. How long have you been blogging? Might I ask what some of your favorite blogs are? 

I have been blogging for about two years now. And what a blessing it has been!

Must I name only a few? 
I love:


Sereina Charise Photography

blogger

And so many more, 'tis hard to choose!:) 

5. Might you tell us a few of your favorite pastimes and/or interests? 

Let us see...{I hope I do not bore you ;)}
Reading, 

writing, blogging, growing lavender, hand sewing, knitting, embroidery, crocheting, Etsy shopping, drama and theatre arts, history, gardening, lettering friends, and so much more!:)

6. Are you fond of crafting? If so, what are your current projects that have been keeping you occupied? 
Of course I am!*smile* Well, at the moment I have been putting together a little prize that you, my dear readers, might be seeing a little later during the month. ;)

7. What type of music are you particularly fond of? 
Classical...all the way. I also love Brian Crain piano and Irish. 

8. Could you please share a few of your favorite songs you listen to or artists you like? Do you play an instrument yourself? 

The Call by Regina Spektor 

The Voice by Celtic Woman

When Will by Life Begin from Tangled

I See the Light from Tangled

You Raised Me Up by Celtic Woman

Down by the Sally Gardens by Orla Fallon

Song for Seinna by Brian Crain

Emma {2009} Ship's Cook

A Heart Full of Love from Les Miserables 


9. Are you old-fashion or modern? 
Absolutely old-fashion! :) With a classy taste, though. 

10. What are some of your favorite reading material? 
Historical, Christian fiction all the way! {with a tint of romance and intrigue} I also love clean fantasy and mystery.  

11. Name a few of your favorite books and authors. 

The Apothecary's Daughter by Julie Klassen

In the Shadow of the Sun King by Golden Keys Parson

Dr. Oma by Ethel Herr

Before You Meet Prince Charming by Sarah Malley

You can find more here: http://www.shelfari.com/grace-the-lavender-girl

12. What are a few of your favorite movies or TV shows?
My favorites are {at the top of my tired head ;)}

Tangled
Bolt
Aladdin 
Pride and Prejudice {with Colin Firth}
Emma {2009}
Little Dorrit {newer version}
Martin Chuzzlewit
Facing the Giants
The Game Plan
Kit Kittredge
Nancy Drew {newer version}
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Sense and Sensibility
Fireproof
Despicable Me

And MORE!:)

Favorite Television Series:
Larkrise to Candleford
Road to Avonlea
Monk 
19 Kids in Counting
Wind at my Back

13. Are you partial to traveling abroad? If so, where do you dream of visiting? What would you do at your dream destination? 

I do love travelling {if the destination is fun ;)}. I dream of visiting Italy and France where I can photograph the beautiful culture and architecture there. 

14. What are your sentiments on lavender? 
LOVE IT!!!!

15. Are you partial to letter-writing or do you prefer e-mailing?
Letter-writing of course!:) What is e-mailing by the way? *smile* I have actually become better at e-mailing people. ;) 

16. Do you have a favorite Etsy shop? 
My favorites are listed here:
http://www.etsy.com/people/abitofhappiness/favorites?type=shops

17. What are your goals/resolutions for this summer? 
Well, ya'll know my resolutions that I posted a few days ago. 

18. What is your favourite Bible passage? 
 I went down to the garden of nuts To see the verdure of the valley, To see whether the vine had budded And the pomegranates had bloomed. Song of Solomon 6:11
Reminds me of my Garden Walk. ;) That's the text that you cannot read at the top of my header.
19. What is perhaps one of your fondest memories from your past? 
Perhaps, meeting Johanna in person. *grin* I make memories everyday with my family and friends. To-day I went to have a photo shoot with my best friend's sister. {Pictures coming soon...}

Well, I am not completely fond of tags, but I thought for this event we could have one just to become more acquainted with each other. :)
Love,
Grace
P.S. Let me know when you link up!


3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading those! =) Again, you are a lot like me. I'm very fond of Road to Avonlea and Wind at my Back, too! =) And "The Ship's Cook"! (And "The Last Dance")
    It looks like fun; I might have to answer those questions myself!

    The background on your blog is sooo pretty. =)

    ~Melody
    regencydelight-janeaustenetc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your answers:) I am going to do this, thanks Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading! Such fun! I of course had to join on in!

    -Many Smiles!

    ReplyDelete