Jun 27, 2010

Vintage Finds and Results of my Attempts

Thank you all for the encouraging comments!!! It really boosted my spirit to making the envelope purses. I made two all ready and am quite excited, but know that there are many spots that could be polished if I ever try to make another one*wink.*

Here is a picture of the results of my envelope purses:

Not quite perfect (very rough in spots), but still pleased with it:).

Purple one.... (Which I finished last night)
Blue one.... (That I made to-day:)
Also, yesterday, my mom and I went to a flee market which was held in the middle of town. I purchased this lovely fine bone china tea cup which was only $2 bucks!!! (What a deal, right??!!!) There were many other tea cups at another table that I was looking at, but they were $12; so I did not purchase them:(Tear):

I know it says "25th Anniversary," but it is pretty nonetheless, and a perfect price! I also found this vintage, dainty half-apron for only $4, and I had to buy it!!! I LOVE half-aprons, so old-fashion (And this one has pockets:)! (Sorry the picture is blurry) When Mother and I arrived home, we were greeted by an unexpected, spectacular surprise! My aunt, who had stayed with us at the beginning of June, sent us this gorgeous-looking bouquet!!! Thank you so much, Aunt Sue!!! We LOVE it!!!
Quite Victorian looking, no? 'Tis quite pretty to look at!!!

Hope all are having a lovely evening!

~Blessings From Your Sister in Christ~






7 comments:

  1. Hello dear little sis! Grace, I think those envelope purses came out very cute indeed! I LOVE that teacup & half apron, too! And those flowers are gorgeous - the close-up of the bloom is enchanting! I think it could be in a book or enlarged as an art print. You are one talented girl! Hope your day opens up to sweet beauty just like God's flowers! =) I'm so so blessed to have you as a little sister in Christ! I think you are simply great!
    Love ya,
    -Bess-
    P.S.: Please pray I've got an interview tomorrow at 2:00. I'm nervous, but I'm trusting God & His will & I will praise Him whatever the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the envelope purses look lovely, dearest friend! You did a wonderful job, indeed! :)
    The items you bought at the flee market are real treasures! Great job on finding them!
    It was so sweet of your aunt to send you flowers... They are beautiful and definitely Victorian-looking!
    Have a wonderful day, full of summer blessings!

    Your Sister In Christ,
    Jenna

    P.S. I am in the midst of writing your letter. I apologize for the wait... I will try to send it out within the next few days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I love the tea cup! Very pretty! I also LOVE your new apron! Very cheerful! Oh, and that boquet is SO pretty!

    You did a great job on the purses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Georgiana,
    I'm glad you liked the pictures. I really liked your envelope purses. I like your new blog buttons, too.
    Your sister in Christ,
    Liz Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely teacup! I love dainty little teacups, though sadly, I have only one. =)

    Your purses look great! I do very little knitting/crocheting, so I admire anyone who can do it! =)

    Oh, and that bouquet is beautiful!! I love the pink. =)

    Love,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those envelope purses are nice! I like the purple one best. And those flowers are pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are very gifted! One of the many talents God gave you! He loves you very much and I love it when people use their God given talents! I do not have a blog currently because of my age ( almost twelve) and safety reason! But when I do get a blog i will definitly become a follower of yours and I hope u would become a follower of mine.
    Rachel P.S. I love writing letters and love recieving them. It would be cool to write to u!

    ReplyDelete