Jun 25, 2010

Today in My Garden...A Hermit Crab? And more craft projects!

Good evening, Fair Readers!!! Hope all of you have had some wonderful past few days!

Well, to-day was a rather enjoyable day while my parents took some very good friends and me to the tidepools. We had a very nice time investigating the tidepools, and all the the intriguing little creatures that the Lord made! (Pictures are posted later in the post:)

I am going to attempt (I might not quite succeed, but you never know unless you try*wink*:) to make this cute envelope purse for a gift using the instructions in the book which I taught myself how to crochet out of:

Klutz kits are AWESOME, but I do not recommend that you purchase this book for you do have to improv. on some of the "patterns." Remember the soap bag that I wrote about in a few posts ago? It took me about a year to figure it out from the instructions in this book; and in fact, I had to set my crocheting (and all the dreams of crocheting wonderful things:) aside for about a year and finally took it up again until not that long ago. Well, as I was saying before, I am going to attempt to make that cute envelope purse, and hope, just hope, that I will be able to make it!!!:) I am planning on making it with the darker purple yarn above with the light lavender yarn for the trim. (Dark purple yarn recently purchased from Michael's and lavender yarn left-over from other project:)

I am also planning on replenishing my stock on cards (I keep cards in a box, so I have hand-made birthday, thank-you, or just greeting cards at my easy disposal for those emergency times*wink*). My aunt gave me a gift-card (Thank you, Aunt Cindy and Family:) for Michael's for my graduation out of 8th grade and into high school, and I have been enjoying buying different yarns and scrapbook paper. I thought you might enjoy some pictures of this Indian inspired paper:

I absolutely L.O.V.E. K&Company!!! They manufacture a great line of different scrapbooking paper and stickers!!! Here are a few of my favourite double-sided paper:Blue back-ground and writing with flowers and butterfly!!! (See in the background the scissors? Those are my trusty all-purpose sewing, craft, titanium scissors that I received as a Christmas present from my dad in my stocking. At first, I was quite perplexed at the present {I mean come on, scissors in my stocking?}, but they have proved to be quite practical in my sewing basket and card-making bag! And every time I use them they remind me of what wonderful dad God has blessed me with! Just a little side-story there:) A gold fish...

Oooo, I really like that one with the sand bird!
Okay, now onto the part about the tidepools. Look what beautiful treasures I unearthed!!!

Shells!!! (Not that I have enough:)And this is a sort of tank I made out of an abalone filled with smooth sea glass, rocks, and many shells I have collected over the years:

While I was sorting out all of my shells, I peeked into a spiral shell and...surprise, surprise!!! The shell was occupied with an unexpected guest....Mr. Hermit Crab!!! Here are a few videos I made of hime that I though you might enjoy (You will need to pause the music player at the bottom of the page:):

Sorry that they are a little bit blurry. My camera does not take the best, up-close videos!
*Yawn* I have to go to bed now, but I hope you enjoyed the post!!!
Hope you are having a lovely evening, dearest readers!
Love always,

9 comments:

  1. I really like your hermit crab! He's cute! Have fun crocheting... those colors will look great together.

    Moe

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat! I love watching hermit crabs.:D Are you going to keep him?

    Abby :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Grace,
    I bet the envelope you are going to crochet will turn out beautiful! You crochet quite well... I am about to learn! :)
    I love your stationary/scrapbooking paper! It is so much fun going to different craft stores and buying new treasures!
    I love collecting sea shells. They are all so lovely and different!
    I pray that you are having a blessed summer day!

    Your Sister In Christ,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Georgiana (Grace),
    I love your seashell pictures!I liked your videos, too. What did you end up doing with the hermit crab, though? Did you keep him? Or did you let him go?
    Your sister in Christ,
    Liz Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Grace,
    That purse looks very cute! I am sure whoever you give it to will be very pleased. :)
    Wow, that is really neat that you found a hermit crab! I would of been scared if I found one in my pile of shells!
    Have a lovely day,dear friend!
    ~Miriam~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Girls,
    I accidentally brought him home, and it does not look like I am going back to the tidepools so I will probably be keeping him. I am not quite sure he is going to survive, though:(. Thank you everyone for the encouragement! I hope that the purse turns out well!
    Love from your sister in Christ,
    Grace
    P.S. Jenna~ I am sure you will do very well with crocheting! Crocheting is so much fun!!! Post some pictures of your projects when you get a chance please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a lovely time dearest Grace!!! And I wish you good luck on the little purse, I am sure it will turn our very pretty, I love Purple! My second favorite color, Pink being my first!!! *wink*

    Mr. Hermet crab was SO tiny!!! I thought we was 2 or 3 inches, untill I saw your fingers and saw, compared to your finger, that he was quite small!!! SO cute!

    Well, I wish you a lovely weekend Dear Friend! I sent you a letter yesterday! With some small little things for you as well! Please let me know when you recieve them! One of the little things I sent you, is something I know you already have, but I hope you don't have too many!!! *giggles*

    Am I making you curios??? OK, well I had better go!

    Have a good day Grace!

    ~Johanna~

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hermit crab looks fun! I would love to have a beach near me and you know what?? When we move to Egypt the beach will be a block or so down the road! I can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool, a herbit crab, how fun! Your shells look lovely...
    and I learned how to crochet using that book! I'm trying to make that granny square scarf right now!

    ~ Jessica

    ReplyDelete