Jun 24, 2010

Simplicity of June

Hello, dear readers!!! I just thought I should update my real blog posts!!! I have been really occupied the last few days, (mostly working on my Nancy Drew Series Book Review I have read books 4 through 8 within the past few days!!!) and will post about that on my other blog soon, I hope. And working on my letters to my faithful penpals!:)

Today, I went to Michael's (one of my fav. craft stores:) and purchased these lovely recipe cards which I had been looking everywhere for the longest time!

Cherries!!!Cherry pie...Yummy!!!

Lemonade....*Sigh*, refreshing
And for a graduation present*wink* my parents purchased a yard of some lovely (and soft:) fabric for a little surprise project I am working on for a friend:)

My lavender bush is finally blooming!!!
First, harvest of my bush....

My parents took my for a day at the beach! We had a lovely afternoon relaxing in the sun...

.....enjoying the blue, blue sky, the soft waves lapping against the shore, the warm breeze, and a distant seagulls' call....*sigh* So soothing!
I also enjoyed catching a few good waves on my board, and I found two huge hermit crabs!!! Too bad that I did not take any pictures:(
Also, Johanna and I are working on a "pretend" newspaper called The Candleford Chronicle,
and we would really appreciate if any of you could recommend some history inspired sites that have Victorian era graphics, recipes, pictures, magazine articles; anything would be much help! Thank you so much!!! You can find some more info. about what we are working on at Johanna's Blog
Oh, and I also switched over to another music player, that is connected with YouTube so it has such a wonderful variety of videos and songs. It is called Mixpod, and if you do not have a music player on your blog but are looking for one, I highly recommend Mixpod. Tell me what your thoughts are on my new music player and what music you would like to see on there! I especially like Christian, hymns, classical piano or violin or harp etc., and Disney songs like the one from Bolt and Enchanted that are playing below!
Hope all of you enjoy and are having a lovely evening!
With lots of love to you all,



7 comments:

  1. What a fun post Grace! I always love seeing pictures of my dear friends! I LOVE those recipe cards!!! They are A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E!!!! To cute!!! Espeacially the little pie! *wink*

    Ooooh! That fabric looks SOOOOOOO soft! I wonder what you could be making! Post pictures! *wink*

    I LOVE the beach! It looks like you had a lot fun there as well!

    Well, I hope you are having a lovely day dear friend!

    ~Johanna~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post, dear friend!
    The recipe cards you purchased are adorable, I must say! They definitely come in handy when you're a homemaker!
    The fabric you received is beautiful! Please post a photograph of the finished project once you have completed it! :)
    I'm glad you were able to visit the beach. I love how calm it is there. We don't visit our beach very often, though!
    By the way, I received your letter yesterday! :)
    Have a blessed and joyous day, dear friend!

    Your Sister In Christ,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Grace! Oh I love your new music!!! Wow,you have been busy! You and Johanna's Chronicle sounds really neat!
    Have a good day!
    Love always,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those recipe cards are so cute! I will have to check our Michaels store and see if they carry the same kind. =)

    Your day at the beach looks so fun! I'd love to visit a beach sometime.

    I will let you now if I come across the websites that might help you in your writting!

    Love,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grace! Thanks for your comment! I know, sharing my diary - crazy, right?! I hope you are doing well today. I simply love your new mixpod. The beach is one of my fav places, but we don't live very near one. Thanks for the lovely pics; I especially like the one with the shell (I guess that's a shell=)...it's such a creative composition! That fabric looks SO soft, I've felt it at the stores before. Best wishes to my dear sis as you work on your project, recipes, Nancy Drew, etc.

    Love From Your Big Sis,
    -Bess-

    P.S.: I'm currently reading "The Clue of the Whistling Bagpipes" (Nancy Drew) - I'll post a review in July!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your recipe cards! They are really cute! :) Also, I have had my eye on fabric that looks like that for a while because it's fuzzy and looks really warm but I have no idea what to do with it.

    Blessings,
    Maggie
    www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to get your letter, Grace!

    ReplyDelete