Jul 5, 2010

Dancing in the Rain Blog Party


Good day, everyone!!! Elizabeth Rose is hosting a lovely blog party, and you are invited!
blogger

Have you ever run outside during a rainstorm (and if so, please describe it)?
Oh, yes!!! Running in a rain shower is great fun! I always volunteer to fetch the mail when it is raining, and the harder it's rainging the better! I love the coolness of the drops running down my hair and face; the sound of the raindrops hitting the ground, the splashing of my feet as I jump into a puddle! It is a lovely break from my studies...(because usually it rains in the winter, and school is still inside waiting for me:)
What is your favorite Sense & Sensibility version: 2008 or 1995?
Both. The 1995 addition really captured the story of Sense and Sensibility, but the 2008 one had a lot of neat footage including that of a sea-side cottage.
Do you keep a journal (and if so, how many have you filled)?
Yes, but I do not write in it often since I keep two blogs.
What is your favorite thing about summer?
Swimming, no school, spending time with family and friends, and spare time to fill with writing, reading, lettering friends, blogging, crocheting, gardening, and much more!
What is your favorite classical song?
Yikes! That's a hard one....hmmm....I think my favourite classical piece would have to be between Concerto for Two Violins and or Canon in D Minor by Pachabelle.
It's your wedding day. And while you are going down the aisle (gracefully, of course), the audience suddenly bursts into singing "How Do You Solve A Problem Like ____ (your name)?"
Grace...cut! No, it just does not have the ring like Maria:)
What are your emotions?
Like at this moment? Well, to-day I have been running 100 mph (the female brain right:) and my feelings have been fluctuating like crazy. I have been sort of sad that I am not getting any new followers, and I would like a makeover of my blog, but I am scared it will not turn out to my satisfactory. I want a modern look, but then of course, I like old-fashion things, how do I get the best of both worlds? On to the next quetion!
What is your favorite scene in Sense & Sensibility? Is the same scene in the movie(s) (and if so, do you like it as well)? I have not seen Sense and Sensibitlity in awhile, but my favourite seen would have to be if I remember correctly... Probably when Marianne runs into the rain both times:) I am not quite sure if that scene is in both movies.
Which of Jane Austen's books is your favorite? Why?
Hehe, I must admit I have not read a single one of her novels, but I do have them sitting on my shelf to be read. have seen all of the movies though, and based on them I would have to say... Pride and Prejudice and Emma are my favourites. Why? Pride and Prejudice is an amazing story and Emma (the new version) has amazing outfits and the actress who plays Emma is wonderful!
Describe your perfect reading "nook":
Somewhere serene and quiet where I can ponder the words that dance before mine eyes. Probably an enchanted forest where the things I read come to life. There would be a a gurgling stream nearby, the pure, sweet song of the birds in the background, and soothing harp music.
Have you ever been accused of reading a book when you were supposed to be doing chores?
Mmm, maybe....
You are on the beach, and you are wearing normal clothes (NOT a bathing suit). Do you consider jumping into the cold ocean anyway?
No, but in the back of my head I would be:) I probably would be soaked to the knees though!
Do you consider yourself a matchmaker like Emma?
No, even though I must admit, that I am at times nosy, but I would never try to play matchmaker (or would I:). Love works in mysterious ways, and I know the Lord always has the perfect prince-charming for you, so it would be best not to mess with it!
What do you like best about my blog? What do you think is the worst? (It's always good to get feedback, so I know what to change and what to keep!)
I love that it it is Jane Austeny! Hmm, there is really not anything that is bad per say about your blog! I really REALLY like it, but it maybe could have a more Jane Austen touches to it.
What are your opinions involving letters: short and brief or long and lovely?
Long and lovely. I love receiving letters, and receiving long and lovely ones are the best. And as I say, "You must send letters to receive them." Who knows, you might just inspire someone to write a lovely letter back:)
What Scripture verse has encouraged you a lot recently?
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart," we are going through some some hard times financially this month and one must keep his/her eyes on Him!
Do you consider yourself an artist? If so, in what way?
Um....sort of. I cannot really draw (that good), though I love to! I love watercolors, but what I have found intriguing is I cannot watercolor unless beautiful nature surrounds me! In other words, I came back from our annual trip from Yosemite with a smile on my face that I could watercolor again (since I had not done so in pratically a year), but when I came home all of my watercolours were not very pretty at all. I do love to write though, and words are more powerful than art.
What interests you in a blog: beautiful layout or good content?
Both. I think that they should both be balanced, but the layout might attract more people to come see your blog.
Do you believe in saving your first kiss for your wedding day?
Yes! I personally believe that it will be much more special to kiss my prince-charming on my wedding day. Think of the reward after all that waiting!
What are your opinions involving modesty?
I believe that a girl should save some things for her future husband, and that some things just should not be exposed. Modest is a key thing to remain pure, and purity of the body, mind, and heart is the best gift you can give to your future husband.
Did you enjoy answering all these questions?
Yes, I did!!!
Oh, and Lizzy is also hosting a wonderful giveaway too! So go check it out by clicking on the button above!
Hope you are having a blessed day!
With love,

5 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much for joining in the blog party and giveaway, Grace!

    Here's where you stand entry-wise: you follow me, you follow Aspire, you put up my blog button, you put up my promo button, you posted about the giveaway, and you answered the questions. That's 10 entries. Let me know if I made a mistake! Thanks!

    Oh, one more thing: I was scrolling through your "Blogs I Enjoy" page, and I noticed that you had both of my blog buttons up: my old one, from when my blog was called "Lizzy's Library," and my new one. Would you mind taking down my old button, since my blog is no longer "Lizzy's Library"? Thank you! :)

    In Christ,
    Lizzy Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so fun to read! I can't wait to do this myslf! =)

    Love,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Grace,
    Thank you for leaving a sweet little "note" on my blog. It meant a lot to me. You are such a dear friend to me, and I pray that our friendship will continue to blossom! :)
    I hope you are having a joyful day, filled with the Lord's many abundant blessings. May God continue to pour showers of summer blessings upon you and your family!

    Your Sister In Christ,
    Jenna

    P.S. I apologize I haven't sent your letter in the mail yet. I have been so busy! I will get it out soon, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Grace,
    Thanks so much for the *wink.* I hope your day is full of the *wink* =) too, cause you said it better than I could! I'm so proud of your pledge, too! You are such an incredible girl of God & I love being your big sis SO much!
    Love Always,
    -Bess-
    P.S.: I know that sweet old hymn you mentioned in your comment! We would sing that sometimes at my grandmother's old church, when we'd go visit her (she lives in another state).

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.P.S.: Yes, I agree completely: the female brain will not stop! Mine has been going crazy, too! Oh, to be a boy for a day & perchance think of nothing...oh, no, I don't think I could stand that either!
    -Bess-
    =) Nope, still not stopping. This thinking of nothing thing seems impossible!

    ReplyDelete