Dec 6, 2012

:: crafting by the tree thursdays // be "knit" together in love by miss emily ruth ::

welcome "crafting by the tree thursdays," m'lovelies! perhaps, my favorite-themed day of the week as it involves knitting, crocheting, and yarn projects of the like where we might click our needles to the fireside's rhythm to keep our friends and family cozy during this upcoming wintry season. to-day, I am honored to have a lovely young lady who will show you how to knit a beautiful striped cowl. please warmly welcome, dear miss emily ruth, one of the sweetest girls you ever did meet in the blogging world and one who is very talented with the knitting needles. 





Hello, all! This is a tutorial for a cowl that I knit up in a few afternoons. You can customize it pretty much anyway you would like. I hope you enjoy it!

Striped Cowl
Materials:
-worsted weight yarn - I used Caron Dazzleaire which has 155 yards, and I used almost the whole skein.
-size 6 needles (to make a looser cowl, use larger needles)

Instructions:
Cast on 140 stitches. Join in the round and place round marker.
Work in knit 2, purl 2 ribbing for six rounds.
Knit every round until your cowl is about one inch shorter than you would like it to be.
Work in knit 2, purl 2 ribbing for six rounds.
Bind off loosely. (instructions here)

You can add stripes as I did or keep it one solid color. You can pretty much do anything you want. *smile*

Enjoy your cowl!



Hello, darlings! My name is Emily Ruth. I am a 17 year old lover of my Savior, Jesus. I am an obsessive avid fan of many things, including knitting, reading, photography, tea, Jane Austen, fuzzy socks, sweaters, Christmas lights, singing, skirts, and earrings, among other things. You can visit me over at Borrowing Photographs where I post a little bit of everything. Thank you for reading, dears!




^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
want to join in the knitting circle?  
post a knitting/crocheting tutorial or two on your blog, copy the link of your post, and leave it in a little note below. be sure to include a link to this blog post, so your readers can join too! the tutorial does not have to be composed by you, but be sure to give proper credit to the creator {we all work really hard to compile these things, and it'd be a shame not to give credit to hard work ;)}. happy knitting/crocheting, dearies!

xx's,
the girl happily crocheting in her wintry wonderland.

1 comment:

  1. I love crochet! Have my own business, and doing quite well. So glad I took the time to teach myself and reap the benefits from this fantastic art!

    ReplyDelete