Dec 10, 2012

bits and pieces.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
|| a bit of shadow || shards of light.* || a bit of cold. || a slice of  warmth. || tears mixed with a little fall of rain. || a thrill of joy. || isolation. || a cozy inglenook. || a breath of spice. || a taste of sweetness. || silent nights. || song-filled days. || 

pondering // winter's melody is composed of notes made of opposites. the world is rushed and hurried, but somehow seems like it is frozen by the cold, en-capsuled, surrounding but one moment in the year.

loving // the scent of the chilled earth clinging to my cat's fuzzy mane. 
      the smell of warm food.
crimson berries.
freely giving out hot chocolate to cold palms.
white diffused light. 
remnants of pine. 
singing les miserables at the top of my lungs {not really, but I sing it all the time. like a lot. :)} 
the citrus scent of clementines.

xoxo,
grace 
*the most beautiful phrase i have ever come across in the blogging world by miss acacia
postscript :: how are you enjoying my christmas event, dearie? 

6 comments:

  1. I quite literally went bright red in the face when I saw you had mentioned me and my writing. Thank you SO much! :))

    And for the record, this is the most wonderful set of Christmas photos I've seen so far this year on the bloggy world. Seriously.

    xx Aacia

    ReplyDelete
  2. "winter's melody is composed of notes made of opposites. the world is rushed and hurried, but somehow seems like it is frozen by the cold, en-capsuled, surrounding but one moment in the year."

    Darling. Really. This is pure genius. I love that so much! I am printing it out SOON. I want that hung up on my wall somewhere- I want it in my journal! Thank you ever so much for being the best of writers.
    Love you,
    - your christmas turkey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are so Yule-esque, and your words send shivers down my spine and dance around in my head, sketching Christmas trees and gingerbread. Such nostalgic beauty. So amazing.
    X Jane

    http://thetaleoftwobuttons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just perfect, dear. Fruit and pine needles? Great combination.

    Hugs,
    Emily.

    p.s. I have been greatly enjoying your Christmas event. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautifully lovely in every way.
    The smell of warm food.
    Remnants of pine.
    Ahh, this post is heavenly, Grace <3

    ---->> Kate

    ReplyDelete