Dec 19, 2011

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas.

a rush of chilled air stings my face when I open the door, causing my red striped scarf to dance about me. the icy world with skies tinted silver and barren trees enfolds, and I proceed into the bitter realm. yet, there is a subtle beauty and warmth one cannot help but feel during the month of december. a sort of magic, as you may say, that seems to overrule the never-ceasing chill which manages to find its way into every nook. the sort of magic defuses in the air that your breath, and brings about joy in the midst of the bitter cold.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



life as of late... has been spent {busily} preparing for the most wonderful time of the year to which I am most fond of. six days until christmas is hardly conceivable. {wasn't it just October?}

last minute presents are being wrapped and sent, whilst a deluge of packages and christmas cards arrive in the afternoon post soon following squeals of delight.

and in between the moments, I am able to enjoy a sip of hot chocolate.

Photobucket

it seems as though christmas has come early as friends from all over the country have sent little packages including my darling friends miss johanna, miss gabby, and miss hannah.

and finally I am able to breath to myself, "it's beginning to look a lot like christmas." do you not agree?
xoxo,
Grace

postscript :: every year I wish for a white christmas which seems hardly likely in the middle of California; but there's something about this year that is making me wish even harder. it seems as though a day does not pass as of late when I am not thinking of beautiful white flakes gently falling from the heavens. so, dear readers, please pray. for a white christmas. for me, s'il vous plaĆ®t? *smile*

4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely post, Miss Grace, and it has inspired me to go and work on my last minute Christmas preparations. :)
    Oh, and even here in Maine we don't have snow right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blog!! :) I love the pictures... so gorgeous. God's creations are so amazing and beautiful. I will definitely be following! Please come and visit me at www.maid4him.blogspot.com. I would love to have you follow! ;)

    In Christ,
    Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks m'dear goosey girl!
    I'm so glad you got and liked your little package.
    A loverly, cheerful post as always.
    Love you,
    Gabby

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your photos.. so fresh, simple but stunning!

    ReplyDelete