Jun 16, 2011

The Door Under the Ivy...

It was the lock of the door which had been closed ten years and she put her hand in her pocket, 
drew out the key and found it fitted the keyhole.
 She put the key in and turned it. It took two hands to do it, but it did turn.
She was standing inside the secret garden.... ~From The Secret Garden by Frances Brunett



My garden gate has been opened once again and welcomes all who enter. I do apologize for closing it for a little bit, but I wanted to do a bit of weeding. *wink* Nothing has changed, however, and the simple task of weeding quickly turned into a more complex one, and so I left it alone for I do so enjoy my garden the way 't is as of now. 

My garden is once again open to all who enter the gate. Indeed, I have missed the familiar squeak of the garden gate...

The Gardener's Morning

The robin's song at daybreak
Is a clarion call to me.Get up and get out in the garden,
For the morning hours flee.

I cannot resist the summons,
What earnest gardener could?
For the golden hours of morning
Get into the gardener's blood.

The magic spell is upon me,
I'm glad that I did not wait;
For life's at its best in the morning,
As you pass through the garden gate.
- Howard Dolf


With much gratefulness to return to my garden,
~The Keeper of the Garden~ 

2 comments:

  1. Oh YEAH! I am SO glad that you didn't just shut it down.. when I got the message for 'invited readers only' it scared me! So, I am glad you are back. :) That is a GREAT way to 'weed' your blog..ahem, garden. :) That way you can 'mess it up' and no one will see it. Is that what Johanna is doing too? If so, then I can just be patient (argh..) and wait for her to come back. :)

    Ah, so so nice to scroll..ahem, 'Stroll' through your garden again!!

    Love ya! Sarah

    ReplyDelete