Feb 11, 2010

Today's Events

It's all most Valentine's day! I made a whole bunch of Valentines for my friends. All I did was glued a doily to a piece of card stock, cut around the doily, glued a rose or bow, put a sticker on it, write a message on the back, and your done. Hope that everyone has a sweet Valentine's Day! I am starting this new Valentine's tradition. Everyone has a bag, and every time that they have a sweet thought for some one else, they write it down and drop it into a bag that has their name on it. For example, if I had a note for my mom, I would put it in the bag that has my mom's name on it. On Valentine's Day everybody opens their bags. I also put special treats in there too.

Yesterday I finished this pretty drawstring bag. I had been working on it the past few days. I obtained the instructions from another blog that I visit often.
I do not know what to put in it. Does anyone have any suggestions? If anyone has an idea please comment below, it would be much appreciated.
While my mom was busy ironing, I chopped up potatoes and carrots for dinner... They actually turned out fairly well.
Here is my sweet (sometimes) cat named Lily Rose O'malley. She is soooooo spoiled.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Isn't she suweeeeeet?! (With cuteness to spare) Book from my "library"
The Princess Adelina by Julie Sutter. This book was based on the story of Esther.
Poetry Corner:
The Violet
by
William Wordsworth
A violet by a mossy stone,
Half hidden from the eye,
Fair as a star, when only one
Is shining in the sky.
Verse of the Day:
1 Timothy 4:12
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word,in conversation,in charity,in spirit,in faith,in purity.

4 comments:

  1. Lily is soooooo cute! Your Valetines tradition is a cute and cool idea. :-)
    Joanna
    B.F.I.C.F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joanna!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Lily is certainly cute, but unfortunately she does not act as sweet as she looks.
    Hope that you have a great Valentine's Day.
    B.F.I.C.F. (I actually remembered for what it stood for. :)
    Love,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few ideas for your pretty little drawstring bag:
    -string of pearls or any jewelry with beads large enough to not tangle
    -sealing wax and seals for your letters or decorative stickers/adhesive seals
    -seashells or any small keepsakes you may have...perhaps even the sweet thoughts you've collected in your Valentine's bag over the years (I like your idea=))
    -lace/ribbon scraps for projects
    -nail polish or make-up
    -you could fill it with potpourri or rose petals and lavender and hang it in your closet to make you clothes smell pretty or place it in your underwear/sock drawer to freshen it.
    Those are all the ideas that come to mind...hope you come up with something truly deserving for such a special handmade bag.=)
    Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Shawna, for the wonderful ideas. I miss you so much and am glad you had a chance to visit my blog. I really appreciate the comments.
    Love,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete