Feb 16, 2010

February's Simple Life

Hello readers! Thanks so much for stopping by to-day.
Sorry I have not blogged in awhile. I have been very busy with school. Hope that everyone had a happy Valentine's Day full of love!
My parents gave me a lovely card and some very sweet notes.
Springtime, oh springtime! This apple blossom is beautiful, but its pollen makes me sneeze like crazy! A dull brown letter box.... ...holds treasures within. This box is very special to me and is in my hopechest. There is some scented soap that I purchased at a local farmer's market. It reminds me of spring in the death of winter. This chicken was carved by my french penpal's father. It is definitely a keepsake.
My ballet outfit came just in time! I started my first lesson today. I stretched muscles that I never knew existed, but it was still fun. It will take awhile to learn the steps.
I worked on this drawstring bag while I was watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics. I was surprised that I finished it within a night since the last one took a few days.
I know this picture is blurry, but here is what the lace looks like. It was leftover lace from a previous sewing project.
Book from my "library:"
This book is awesome! My mother got this for me. It has a companion book for daily studies too. I highly recommend this book for any young lady who has thoughts on developing good character.

Poetry Corner:
Leisure by
William Henry Davies
What is life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in the grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
A poor life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
I absolutely love this poem! It reminds me of Yosemite where in my leisure time I can stand and stare just for fun! When I come home, everything is at such a fast pace that I have no time to stand and stare.
In Christ,
Grace

4 comments:

  1. I like that beautiful girlhood book too...even though I did not get very far through it. I don't know where it is now. I love apple tree blossoms, along with almond tree blossoms.
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to write that that poem is very pretty
    Joanna :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sweet Valentine card you sent, Grace. I am so glad you sent me the link to your blog...it is beautiful and very you.=)I love your selection of poems and Scripture and the paintings and photos you posted are lovely! I didn't know you were such a good photographer...your photos are all so aesthetically pleasing. I love how you have your letter box set up. So pretty! And the little drawstring bags you make are pretty too.
    I have to go get dinner warming as it is late here on the East Coast (looks like you are becoming quite the cook too...your picture of carrots and potatoes made me hungry=))
    I will write you a real letter soon!
    Shawna
    P.S. I read Beautiful Girlhood too when I was about your age...it is a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely pictures,Grace! Your letter box is just beautiful and I love all the treasures inside!
    Love from your friend,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete