Feb 21, 2010

A Day Outing

Hello Readers! Hope that everyone had a nice weekend. I have not posted any recent events for awhile since, as you can see, I have been posting my short story The King's Daughter. (Hope that you enjoyed that)
A few days ago I had such a lovely outing with my friends. We went to a charming restaurant that served good food. This was the place where Mother and Father went on their first date, and it was very special to finally see inside.
Does not this chocolate mousse look absolutely wonderful?! Oh, it was! :) it was rich and ever so creamy. And the presentation was just so perfect that I had to take a picture for you.
Charity
This is a sweet little herb shop that I am very fond of.... Remember the boquet of roses I got for Mother on Valentine's Day? Now, after a few days, they have begun to wilt. I love to press rose petals. I usually take the ones that are not suitable for pressing and save them for potporris. Here is how I press them:
Lay petals on a piece of wax paper....... And then fold it like this.... Stick this in a VERY thick book, leave it for about a week to dry; and enjoy. These are great to put in scrapbooks and on cards.
I have decided to try my hand at card making, and it is so much fun! My mom purchased this lovely scrapbook paper for me. I have such a nice selection now! Are these not beautiful stickers? It was incredibly hard to chose which ones to get! :)
Book from my "library":Another really good book that I highly recommend "for the young women who want to do so much more than 'survive' in this feministic, anti-Christian culture." (The words in the parenthesis are from the back of the book. I wanted to give full credit to the Botkin Sisters.)
Here is the dedication that is inside the book: (this really touched me)
Dedication
To our heavenly Father
who chose to make us the daughters of our earthly father,
And to our earthly father
who taught us about our heavenly Father.
Whoever has read this book please comment below.
Poetry Corner:
Sun and Fog
by
Emily Dickinson
The Sun and Fog contested
The Government of Day-
The Sun took down his Yellow Whip
And drove the Fog away.
Fog
by
Carl Sandburg
The fog comes
on little cat feet.
It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.
Love,
Grace
P.S. Check out my new button on the side bar, Maidens for Modesty.

0 lavender clusters in full bloom:

Post a Comment