Oct 15, 2010

Introducing...

Dearest Readers,

To-morrow, is one of the most enjoyable days all year. Here, where I live, we do not have many reenactments only a Civil War Ball and Colony Days. To-morrow an event which is called Colony Days is being held at a neighboring town, and I am SO excited!!!:)

Colony days is a fun reenactment of Tent City (a small town made of canvas tents) established during the turning of the century (between Victorian and WWI eras). Tent City was made for the people whose houses were still being built. There are many fun activities held during the festivities and neat booths like the Barber, the launder, the Red Cross, and so much more! I am very excited that my mom will be filming along with taking a bunch of pictures for your enjoyment!!!

So, during this reenactment I form a character. Last year I was named Lillian Grey; I was the daughter of the owner of the local Merchantile, or store that had just a little bit of everything.
This year, I have formed a character named Miss Elsie Tomwell. She's a somewhat poor fiddler girl and she-well, why don't I introduce her to you with an interview? :)

(Each year, one of the Tent City actors are given an award for best booth presentation, best actor award for adults and children. There are judges that go on "rounds" asking questions to the actors, then deciding whom should be awarded. Here are some of the questions they may ask):

Question: Hello! And who are you and how old are you?

Elsie: My name is Elsie Tomwell, and I am fourteen years of age, sir.

Question: With whom do you live and where do you live? Do you live on a farm?

Elsie: I live with my Ma and Pa in a small house outside of town. We are a poor and do not live on a farm, but we do have a few chickens and a grey old horse.

Question: What do your parents do?

Elsie: My pa takes up work wherever he can find some. My ma takes up sewing. She does embroidery, mending, sewing-you name it. In fact, she sewed this dress I am wearing right now. Isn't it lovely? It used to be an ugly old gown, but my ma can make anything pretty.

Question: How gave you the fiddle?

Elsie: My grandfather promised me this fiddle when he passed away a long while ago. It's one of my most valuable possessions. He said it was crafted in Europe a long time ago.

I hope you are all having a lovely autumn day!
Lots of Love,
~Elsie, The Poor Fiddler Girl~
P.S. A lovely autumn post is coming soon! :)
P.S.S. All who live near me are welcome to come! I should like to see you there. To find me, I'll be playing the fiddle, so you cannot miss me:D!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how fun!!!!!!!! I do wish I lived near you could come and hear you play!!!!!!!!!
    Have a wonderful time!
    Love,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful event! I hope that you have a wonderful time, and that the Lord would bless your fiddle playing....

    I look forward to your upcoming posts~

    Blessings,
    ~Shannon~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Grace that sounds so delightful..I only wish we could meet the lovely Miss Elsie Tomwell...Do you participate by yourself or does your family do it as well?
    Will you be posting pictures..?
    I do hope so... : )
    May your time be wonderful and may the Lord be Glorified in your ability to perform..
    In Christ

    ReplyDelete