Oct 16, 2010

A Bit of Autumn Happiness...

What a lovely autumn day in my garden! Why, thank you for stopping by for a sweet visits! My dear readers, are always welcome in my garden!

A few days ago, Mother, a few close friends, and I went for a visit to a local fruit stand named "Avela Barn," which is only open twice a year: summer and autumn. In the summertime, people may go berry picking and the peaches and nectarines are in season. There is also a candy/ice cream parlor open, and two sweet little stores that sell trinkets, jams, cookbooks, and so much more!

In the autumn, the apples come into season along with lovely pies, scones, breads, and turnovers being baked. People may come to see the animals, buy corn, pick their own pumkins, and have fun in the hay maze.
The bright and cheery sunflowers were in bloom:

Bright and cheery....
.....A bit of sunshine....
Sun flowers are one of my favourite flowers!

We also went to a small fruit stand named "Gopher Glen," where they sell bushels of freshly picked apples including Johnilicious, Heaven Sent, Fuji, and a wide variety ranging from the sweetest to the tartest of apples.
This picture reminded me of "Apples of Gold." :)

"There is something in the autumn that is native to my blood...."~Bliss Carman
A merry autumn to you, my dear readers!

May the Lord fill your day with His abundant blessings!
With Love and Blessings~
P.S. I hopefully, will be posting a few pictures (and or videos) of Colony Days for you! I had such a lovely time!

6 comments:

  1. Autumn is such a wonderful season, and I am so thankful for all it's loveliness.
    Those sunflowers are beautiful and so bright. I bet you had a delightful time!

    Your Sister In Christ,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely photos! You did a wonderful job!
    It looks like you have a wonderful time!
    Have a charming day!
    Love from your faithful friend,
    Miriam

    P.S. I can hardly wait for the photos of colony day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the sunflowers are so beautiful Grace. You did a great job with the photos! Hope you enjoy the rest of your day. :) Can't wait to chat again! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Grace,
    Those flowers are so simply beautiful.

    You certainly captured the essence!!

    I have sent you an email concerning our Skyping.

    Love,

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful day that looks like!

    You have a tag waiting for you on my blog. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had fun!

    I tagged you!

    -Faith

    ReplyDelete